Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hallo, Mandrake, do you recognize my voice?

Yes sir, of course, I just talked to you a few minutes ago!

With these words, more or less, the movie begins.

For me, one of the best movies ever seen; every three or four months, when I am at home, preferably alone, I sit down at ease, switch the VHS recorder on (maybe I’ll buy a DVD version within short, without the boring translation) and sip every word and gesture of Dr. Strangelove.

I am terribly fond of the movie, but don’t fear, not because of the apocalyptic setting of a nuclear mayhem, oh no (not only, to be frank!).

It is a film fresco of the shortcomings of mankind, without any further ado.

This is a portrayal of our weaknesses, vices, secret and coveted aspirations, shortly, every other time I look at it, I discover some new aspects; much more that reading at school the (then) compulsory and therefore hated Divina Commedia!

Go, folks, and look at this darn good masterpiece, from the multi-faceted Peter Sellers to the earnest of Sterling Hayden as the general who unleashes world destruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home